Kelowna hosts BC Chamber of Commerce AGM
The BC Chamber of Commerce Annual General Meeting & Conference, which is hosted in a different community every year, brings together approximately 200 Chamber delegates from across B.C. to vote on new business/economic policies. Policies that are adopted become part of the BC Chamber’s advocacy agenda.
This year, at least 55 proposed policies will be up for consideration. This number may change due to policies submitted through the BC Chamber’s late resolutions process. The majority of these proposed policies are available on the BC Chamber website here.
Some notable policies up for consideration include:
• Real Estate, Citizenship & Residency Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting
• Taxation of Short Term Residential Rental Units
• Supporting B.C.’s Land Based Wineries, Cideries and Distilleries
• Changing B.C.’s Sales Tax Model – Moving Beyond the PST
• Enhancing Canada’s Air Travel Competitiveness.
Additionally, featured conference sessions include:
• The Economy of the Future
• Innovation in Resource Development
• The Technology Revolution
• From the Field to the Table
• The Evolution of Chambers Over the Next Decade
• Skills for the New Economy.
The BC Chamber is the largest and most broadly-based business organization in the province. The BC Chamber of Commerce represents more than 125 Chambers of Commerce and 36,000 businesses of every size, sector and region of the province.