Arts Council of the Central Okanagan wants nominations
As we move closer to the Call for Nominations closing date, Jan. 31, the Arts Council of the Central Okanagan reminds you to nominate that special artist.
Nominations are open to anyone who resides from Kamloops to the Nicola Valley, Princeton to Osoyoos, and through to Revelstoke.
Watch for the nominee's list to be posted on the website, www.artsco.ca in early March.
There are only a few weeks left to nominate your favourite artists.
CBC’s Gillianne Richards and Chris Walker will once again host the Awards Night Celebration.
Arts Categories: The Arts Awards recognize all forms of the Arts:
• Central Okanagan Foundation Community Arts Association Award: arts organization
• Arts Educator: a teacher in any context, public school, community
• New - Culinary: demonstrate a high degree of competence
• Dance: performance, choreographers, companies
• Design: industrial, fashion, jewelry, furniture
• Graphic Arts: advertising, web design, commercial graphics
• Literary Arts: fiction, non-fiction, news, weblogs, poetry
• Media Arts: film, video, animation
• Music: singing, song writing, instrumentation, composing, performance
• Supporter of the Arts: through financial, volunteer or other significant contribution
• Theatre: producer, director, actor, company
• Visual Arts: all forms and types of visual arts
• New - Youth: Age to 25: one award will be given: music, dance, theatre, visual arts, including media & design
• Lifetime Achievement Award; this award will be presented on the basis of overall contributions to the arts. This is not a nomination award.
The deadline for nominations is Jan. 31.
The Awards Night Celebration will take place on March 22.
The Central Interior has some of the most talented individuals that deserve recognition for their continued contributions to the arts. Take the time to nominate your star of the arts, raising their profile and honouring the calibre of art in your community.
Go to the Okanagan Arts Awards website at www.artsco.ca. You will find that this year’s on-line application process is easy and very user friendly.
Direct your questions to the Arts Council of the Central Okanagan, 250-861-4123 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.