- 2015 Federal Election
Okanagan Arts Awards call to artists
The Okanagan Arts Awards (OAA) is seeking a design for the three-dimensional sculpture that will become the award to be presented to each award recipient.
The process is as follows:
• Submit your drawing(s) of the design by e-mail by August 31, 2014
• Submissions will be short listed to 3 by Sept 12, 2014
• The 3 short listed artists will be contacted and asked to submit a maquette of the design by October 15, 2014, which is to be delivered to the Arts Council Office by 2 p.m.
• The maquettes should be about 8” to 14” high, and should have a base that is a maximum of 4” in diameter so it will fit onto a specific base. The maquette can be made out of clay, wood, glass, wax, or other material.
• One maquette will be chosen by October 30, 2014
• The chosen maquette will announced at the Okanagan Arts Awards Launch and the winning maquette will then be used to produce the awards.
• The three short listed artists are expected to attend the Okanagan Arts Awards Launch, where the chosen design will receive an honorarium of $1,000.
• The artists of each of the other 2 maquettes will receive $250.
Please include the following in your submission:
• Drawing(s) of your design
• An artist statement that explains your design
• Your contact information
• Any support materials you might want to include.
• Information about how your design can be reproduced, giving details of processes and costs.
• A self-addressed envelope for the return of your material.
The complete written submission package is due Aug. 31. This can be mailed or emailed (our preferred method) to Arts Council of the Central Okanagan.