- BC Games
Four plead not guilty to celebrity burglaries
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Three teenagers and an adult man pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to breaking into the homes of Hollywood actors such as Orlando Bloom and Lindsey Lohan and stealing millions of dollars worth of jewelry and other items.
Nicholas Prugo, Diana Tamayo, Courtney Leigh Ames, all 19 years-old, and Roy Lopez Jr. 27, were charged in October with felony burglary in connection with the crimes, which also targeted residences of actresses Megan Fox and Paris Hilton.
The burglaries were carried out between December 2008 and October this year. The celebrities had reported several million dollars worth of clothes and jewelry missing after the break-ins, which occurred when no one was home.
Prugo had confessed his involvement and implicated the other suspects to police, media reports said. A preliminary trial date for them will be set in January.
A fifth suspect, Alexis Neiers, 18, pleaded guilty last month to one of the burglary charges. Prosecutors have said that the suspects, all of whom reside in the Los Angeles area, could face up to six years in prison if convicted.
(Reporting by Corinne Heller; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)