Sponsored by Oyama Zipline| Impress Branded Content
It could be time to take you and your family to the next level – literally.
Spring into new adventures in the Okanagan back-country and discover BC’s only full-size aerial ropes courses and zipline park.
While any successful tree-top trek starts with safety, local experts have a few more secrets to make your next adventure the best yet.
1. Find room to move and explore: With more than 7,000 feet of course cable, Oyama Zipline has more things to do than any other BC aerial adventure park. Choose from premium guided zipline tour or the new aerial park featuring three tree-top obstacle courses with six zip lines included. Junior adventurers get in on the action at Little Monkeys Play Park for children aged 3 – 11.
2. Choose your challenge: What’s your adventure tolerance level? Skiers will recognize the green, blue and black graduated-rating-system in Oyama’s aerial park courses that allow trekkers to ‘up’ the adventure or re-visit familiar terrain, says co-owner Jennifer Madsen, noting the self-directed experience is also a less expensive alternative to the premium zipline tour.
3. It’s all in the timing: Spring is one of the best times to maximize Kelowna adventure. Without the summer crowds, guests can explore at a more leisurely pace and take advantage of more personalized attention and tips from staff. May 6th is Local Day – with the best offer of the season.
4. Get out as a group: Whether it’s a getaway with friends or a team-building opportunity incorporating fitness and camaraderie, the aerial park at Oyama is a natural. Groups can do high-rope challenge circuits and zipline together. “We want locals to realize aerial trekking is an invigorating environment for fitness and dry-land training,” notes co-owner Peter Madsen.
5. Test your mettle: Tired of playing it tame? The ziplines are fast (85 km/h). Navigate to higher and more challenging aerial obstacles, with the ‘Black Diamond’ culminating in a thrilling 46-foot freefall … with a soft landing! Take the freefall challenge outside the Black Diamond course with the QuickJump a la carte option – described by the pros as part bungy, part rappelling and all adrenalin rush.
Located between Kelowna and Vernon overlooking Kalamalka and Woods Lake, the award-winning Oyama Zipline Adventure Park offers four different attractions for all ages and adventure levels.