- 2015 Federal Election
Community hall closed for renovations
Upgrades to Lakeview Heights Community Hall are underway and the District of West Kelowna has closed the building for approximately three months.
The municipality opted to complete improvements in the fall and winter months for minimal disturbance to user groups.
• safely removing and disposing of asbestos
• removing an existing wall and the roof on the main hall
• constructing new walls and truss roof to meet current B.C. Building Code requirements
• installing a new heating, air conditioning and ventilation unit in the upper hall
• installing a new furnace in the lower level
• building an improved accessibility ramp and balcony and
• replacing existing light fixtures, windows and doors with new energy efficient units.
The total project cost is approximately $280,000. Lakeview Heights Community Hall has been located in Anders Park since 1958; renovations were last completed in 2003.
The DWK will also be required to close the playground and outdoor washrooms, located adjacent to the hall, to accommodate construction. Nearby tennis courts will remain open.
While upgrades are underway on the community hall, the DWK will also make improvements to the adjacent sports box at a cost of $35,000. Upgrades include resurfacing, the addition of pickle ball courts and reconfiguration of the road hockey box/basketball court.
The facility will remain closed until next spring.