- 2015 Federal Election
Nominations open for Kelowna civic awards
The City of Kelowna has opened the nomination process for its 37th annual Civic and Community Awards
The awards got to individuals and organizations that have left a mark in our community throughout 2011 by nominating them in one of nine categories.
Those nominated do not have to live in the city to be eligible.
“There are many outstanding individuals who volunteer in our community and who raise Kelowna’s profile through their athletic and business accomplishments,” said Jim Gabriel, director of recreation and cultural services for the city.
The awards ceremony, to be held in 2012 at the Kelowna Community Theatre April 19, is the city’s premier awards event dedicated to recognizing volunteers, artists, athletes and business leaders through nine categories and 12 awards
The categories include:
• Man of the Year (Fred Macklin Memorial Award)
• Woman of the Year (Sarah Donalda Treadgold Memorial Award)
• Young Male and Female of the Year (Augie Ciancone Memorial Award)
• Athletic Team of the Year (Bryan Couling Memorial Award)
• Male and Female Athlete of the Year
• Bob Giordano Memorial Award
• Central Okanagan Foundation Volunteer Organization of the Year
• Corporate Community of the Year
• Honour in the Arts
• Teen Honour in the Arts
Nominations will be accepted until noon on Jan. 27.
Nomination forms are available at online at kelowna.ca/residents, or at City Hall, Parkinson Recreation Centre, Kelowna Chamber of Commerce, local libraries and the Kelowna Family Y.
Completed forms can be dropped off at City Hall or the Parkinson Recreation Centre located at 1800 Parkinson Way.