- BC Games
Still time to nominate someone for a Kelowna civic award
Know an outstanding Kelowna citizen, volunteer, athlete, artist or business? Nominate them for civic award today.
The deadline to submit nominations for the 37th annual City of Kelowna Civic and Community Awards is fast approaching.
The awards honour individuals and organizations for outstanding contributions and achievements in 2011 that directly benefited the Kelowna community.
The awards are the city's premier awards event dedicated to recognizing volunteers, artists, athletes and business leaders in nine categories with 12 awards including:
• Bob Giordano Memorial Award for
• Bryan Couling Memorial for the athletic team of the year
• Male and female athletes of the year
• Young male and female citizens of the year
• Teen Honour in the Arts
• Honour in the Arts
• Corporate community of the year
• Man and woman of the year
• Central Okanagan Foundation volunteer organization of the year
Nominations will be accepted until noon on Friday, Jan. 27.
Nomination forms are available at kelowna.ca/residents, City Hall, the Parkinson Recreation Centre, the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce, local libraries and the Kelowna Family Y in Rutland.
Completed forms can be dropped off at the Parkinson Recreation Centre (1800 Parkinson Way) and addressed to the attention of Amber Gilbert.
Finalists and award recipients will be honoured at a gala ceremony on Thursday, April 19 at the Kelowna Community Theatre.