- BC Games
Police warn high risk sex offender moving to Kelowna
A high risk sexual offender is moving to Kelowna, Mounties announced Friday.
Timothy Everett Rahm, 36, was released from a federal corrections institution and will be residing in the Okanagan, effectively immediately.
Rahm—a five-foot-five, 137 pound Metis man with brown hair and blue eyes—was convicted in April 2005 of sexual assault with a weapon in an Alberta court.
According to documents, Rahm forced himself on a prostitute who had attended his residence to perform a sexual service. The cost was $500, but when she arrived and asked for payment Rahm handed her a wad of Canadian Tire money instead.
She reportedly told him that wouldn't work, and he responded by threatening her with a knife and forcing himself on her.
Rahm is currently bound by a Recognizance of Bail, is being supervised by the Kelowna Probation
Office and is being monitored by the Kelowna RCMP. Mr. Rahm must abide by various court ordered conditions of his release including the following:
- To keep the peace and be of good behaviour.
- Shall have no contact, direct or indirect with any of the victims of offences for which he has been convicted or any known members of their immediate families.
- Shall not attend within a 300 metres of any known residence, place of employment or educational facility of any of the victims of offences for which he has been convicted or any known members of their immediate families.
- Shall immediately advise the Probation Officer of any close, intimate, familiar or familial relationship with a female person, and refrain from continuing with that relationship until that female person has been advised of your criminal record in the presence of the Probation Officer.
- Shall not possess any knives except for the immediate preparation and consumption of food.
- Shall not possess, own or carry any weapon, including but not limited to any firearm, crossbow, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device, ammunition, prohibited ammunition or explosive substance, and any related authorizations, licenses and registration certificates.
- Shall not consume or possess alcohol or any controlled substances as listed in the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act excluding prescription medication prescribed to you by a licensed physician or dentist.
- Shall not enter any establishment where the primary commodity for sale is alcohol.
- Shall not be in any contact with any sex trade workers. He is not to negotiate for sexual services and not to obtain or engage in sexual services for money or other considerations.
This Public Interest Notification is made under the Privacy Act of Canada and has been issued in the interest of public safety.
If you observe Mr. Rahm in violation on any of the above noted conditions, please do not approach him. Immediately contact the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300.