News

Family in care after kitchen fire

Two adults, three children and a cat have been displaced by a kitchen fire on Burnett Street this morning.

Emergency Social Services was called to care for the home’s occupants, reported Platoon Captain Tim Light of the Kelowna Fire Department.

The fire started on the stove and extended into the walls and ceiling area of the home. There were three adults and three children evacuated from the building.

There was significant damage to the kitchen area, said Light.

However, there were no injuries and the fire is not suspicious, he said.

He advised people to check their smoke detectors regularly to ensure they are in working order.

 

The fire was attended by three engines, one rescue vehicle, a command vehicle and a safety truck, with 16 personnel.

 

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Hunters protest shift favouring non-residents
 
Salmo senior killed in collision
 
Shopping Spree winner makes the most of her winnings
NATURE WISE: Environmental cost of holiday entertaining
 
Easy win for hugs
 
OPINION: Hugs win again
Site C dam construction to start next summer
 
Port Edward to receive $150 million from agreement
 
Virk shuffled to new job after Kwantlen flap

Community Events, December 2014

Add an Event


Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Dec 19 edition online now. Browse the archives.