News

Rutland Secondary washroom fire in Kelowna

A student at Rutland Senior Secondary is treated by firefighters after a small fire in one of the school
A student at Rutland Senior Secondary is treated by firefighters after a small fire in one of the school's washrooms at 10 a.m. this morning.
— image credit: Jennifer Smith

A fire in a paper towel dispenser at Rutland Senior Secondary had the entire school population outside Friday morning.

One student was treated on scene, likely for smoke inhalation, though fire crews on scene were unsure of the issue at the time.

Three fire trucks and a command vehicle attended the school.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Davis: Stars align for wedding weekend
 
Okanagan Symphony Orchestra waxes poetic for Christmas
 
Manipulate a human skull with Jane Everett
Twin accidents at Grohman Narrows
 
Lizzy Hoyt has a rich melodic menu to offer
 
Camera club’s annual Photo Show to take place at Kootenay Gallery during Sunfest
The Carlines stop off in Fernie
 
Reuben and the Dark tour through the dark winter months
 
Barbara Highe Show remembers artist She had a huge influence in the gallery’s early days

Community Events, November 2014

Add an Event


Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Nov 21 edition online now. Browse the archives.