- 2015 Federal Election
District of West Kelowna unveils its top salary earners
The District of West Kelowna recently unveiled its list of municipal workers who earned more than $75,000 in 2012.
Twenty management employees and 32 firefighters made the list; in 2010, 15 managers and 27 firefighters earned more than $75,000.
Eleven members of the fire department earned a six-figure salary in 2012; five managers earned more than $100,000 last year.
West Kelowna Mayor Doug Findlater made $62,608 in 2012, while the six councillors earned $21,250 each.
Below is a list of district employees who earned more than $100,000 in 2012.
Management and others:
- Nancy Henderson, director of development services ($109,587)
- Jason Johnson, chief administrative officer ($162,850)
- Marnie Manders, director of administration ($113,405)
- Gary O'Rourke, director of engineering/operations ($121,438)
- Jim Zaffino, chief financial officer ($132,072)
- Lionel Bateman, firefighter captain ($109,106)
- Trevor Bredin, firefighter captain ($106,596)
- Pat Harmata, firefighter captain ($100,414)
- Kerry Klonteig, assistant fire chief ($103,105)
- Darren Lee, assistant fire chief ($102,268)
- Todd Moore, firefighter captain ($109,033)
- Bob Peters, firefighter captain ($107,199)
- Nathan Pike, firefighter captain ($107,009)
- Troy Russell, firefighter captain ($113,982)
- Wayne Schnitzler, fire chief ($118,543)
- Lyle Young, firefighter captain ($107,877)