- BC Games
West Kelowna road rehabilitation begins
The District of West Kelowna has started its 2013 Road Rehabilitation and Pedestrian Improvement Programs and construction will continue until the end of November.
Project timelines are as follows:
- Gellatly Road South: The Cove Resort to Whitworth Road (Sept. 30 to Nov. 4)
- Rosewood Drive: Rose Abby Drive to Rose Field Drive (Nov. 11 to 15)
- Shannon Lake Road: Vicinity of Swite Road—regional park entrance (Oct. 31 to Nov. 15)
- Shannon Lake Road: Golf Course Drive to McDougall Creek Bridge (Oct. 9 to 29)
- Shannon Ridge Drive and Auburn Road—speed cushions (Sept. 23 to Nov. 15)
- Shannon Ridge Drive and Shannon Place—curb extensions (Nov. 4 to 8)
- Shannon Way—sidewalks (Nov. 18 to 29)
- Smith Creek Road: Elliott Road to Rubicon Road (Sept. 23 to Oct. 1)
- Stuart Road: Boucherie Road to Thacker Drive (Sept. 18 to Oct. 18)
- Whitworth Road: Gellatly Road South to Gellatly Nut Farm entrance (Sept. 30 to Oct. 29).
Minor scheduling changes may occur due to weather conditions.
The District of West Kelowna thanks the public for patience during construction and asks residents to obey signage and watch for crews, equipment and flaggers working in these areas.