- 2015 Federal Election
Kelowna launches skating pic contest
The City of Kelowna wants to see you skating.
According to city hall, skating at the outdoor Stuart Park ice rink downtown is an increasingly popular winter pastime for local residents. So, tthis month, it is urging people to share photos of fun times at the rink on Instagram for a chance to win free skate rentals and hot chocolate for a group of four at the rink.
“We noticed quite a few people sharing photos of the rink on Instagram and thought, why not have a bit of fun with it and reward people for participating,” said Tom Wilson, communications supervisor at the city. “This rink on the waterfront really showcases Kelowna’s four-seasons-playground appeal.”
Here’s how to enter the draw:
• Follow @CityofKelowna on Instagram.
• Post your photo of the Stuart Park Ice Rink to Instagram with the hashtag #StuartParkMemories.
• Everyone is eligible to enter and while the photo must be taken at the rink, participants don’t actually have to be skating.
• Participants can post as many photos as they like using the hashtag but will only be entered once in the draw.
• Participants’ Instagram setting should be set to public so city officials can see the photo with the hashtag.
Participants who do not have an Instagram account can follow the same steps above but post the photo, with the hashtag, to the City of Kelonwa's Facebook page or send a tweet to the city's @CityofKelowna Twitter account.
The contest will run until Friday, Jan. 17.
A winner of the contest will be drawn on Jan. 20 and the winner will be contacted via their Instagram account. Full contest details go to kelowna.ca/parks.