- 2015 Federal Election
Open house scheduled for Lakeshore road improvements in Kelowna
Kelowna city staff will show of the detailed design for its upcoming Lakeshore Road improvement t an open house on Wednesday.
The work, from Cook Road to Lexington Drive, will include the replacement of the Lakeshore Road Mission Creek Bridge and transportation improvements.
The open house will run from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on April 2 at St. Paul’s United Church (3131 Lakeshore Road) in South Pandosy.
City staff and representatives of the city's consultant on the project, Urban Systems Ltd., will be on hand to speak about the work and the traffic management plan to be put in place during construction.
The improvements will include:
• Mission Creek bridge replacement
• a new roundabout at Lexington Drive
• improved traffic flow and safety
• upgrades to the underground sanitary trunk line, as well as the underground stormwater and water mains
• construction of a multi-use pathway and commuter bike lanes
• improved Mission Creek Greenway trail-head access
• new sidewalks, streetscaping and landscaping
• underground shallow utilities on the east side of road, except electrical lines
• conduit for future underground of electrical lines
Construction is scheduled to begin later this month and wil include the removal of the former White Buffalo Lodge . Completion of the project is anticipated by November.