News

Kitchen fire singes Kelowna home

The Kelowna Fire Department responded to smoke coming from the front door and smoke alarm activation in a single family residence Sunday, just after 2 p.m.

Upon arrival to 1981 Gordon Drive, fire crews from three engines reported smoke from the front door.

"An interior attack was performed and the fire in the kitchen area was brought under control quickly. Overhaul was completed to check for fire extension in the residence," said Dennis Miller of the Kelowna Fire Department.

" It appears the fire started in the kitchen and is not suspicious at this time. Amount of damage to the residence is unavailable."

Miller added that Kelowna Fire Department reminds everyone to check their smoke alarms regularly to be sure they are in good working order.

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

UBCO Master of Science in Nursing program revised
 
Annual Wine and Dine Thompson-Okanagan event kicks off
 
Lake Country school trustee Deb Butler says school district should take more time on catchment issue
Familiar faces appointed to the Northwest Community College board table
 
Tribunal set to hear complaint from former Celgar employee
 
Newly implemented room tax is already paying off
RCMP warns against multiple scam attempts
 
Nelson pool renos clear hurdle
 
Nelson police charge man with arson

Community Events, January 2015

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Jan 23 edition online now. Browse the archives.