West Kelowna road rehabilitation begins
The District of West Kelowna will start its 2014 road rehabilitation program this month.
Road projects are as follows, but won't necessarily be completed in this order:
- Shannon Way, Westville Place and Westville Way
- West Kelowna Road, from Westlake to Klein Roads and from Guest Road to the concrete sidewalk
- Blackwood Drive
- Lower Glenrosa Road, from Webber Road to Walnut Glen Drive and from Lower Glenrosa Road to Aberdeen Road
- Glenview Road from Lower Glenrosa Road to Woodell Road
- Woodell Road from 3935 to end
- Gellatly Road South from Glen Canyon Drive (north) to Canyon Ridge subdivision
- Bear Creek Road: Intermittent sections from Parkinson Road to Rose Valley Road.
Work will begin July 14 and continue until approximately mid-August.
Residents in the immediate area of construction will be notified via hand-delivered notices in advance of the project.
Minor scheduling changes may occur due to weather conditions. The public is asked to obey signage and watch for crews, equipment and flaggers working in these areas.
This year's road rehabilitation program is being completed by the Ministry of Transportation, in cooperation with the district, to address deficiencies in the road networks that existed before the district took over the maintenance function in December 2012.