- BC Games
Gellatly Road reopens this weekend
Gellatly Road, between Witt Road and Angus Drive, has been repaired and will reopen Saturday, July 12.
The road has been closed since May 2 for emergency repairs to the bank of the road, which runs parallel to Smith Creek.
These completed works include:
- Asphalt paving and curbing
- Placement of concrete barriers
- Re-instatement of bus stop
- Line painting
- Ditch work and clean-up
- 1,800 mm diameter culvert in creek bed
- Placement of fill material to stabilize embankments on both sides of Smith Creek
- Bracing of overhead power lines.
The completion of this work means the detour route along Carrall and Witt Roads will no longer be needed and signage and speed bumps will be removed.
The district will eventually host a public open house to gain input into the design of the Gellatly Road upgrade phase four project, involving upgrading Gellatly Road from Carrington Road to the intersection with Boucherie Road to an urban standard with pedestrian improvements and a multi-use pathway.