1. Weather outlook: Overcast this morning with the sun showing its light here and there from 11 a.m. onward. The breeze should stay quite calm all day. Sunset is at 4:20 p.m.
2. Something we covered: The Veterans Affairs office in Kelowna was re-opened without much fanfare earlier this week. Staff will answer veteran’s questions about federal services available to them. Kelowna’s is the third of nine VA offices the federal Liberal government promised to re-open across the country by May 2017.
3. Something to do today: UBCO holds its Remembrance Day service this morning, starting at 10:45 a.m. Everyone is invited.
4. Something to do today: If you’re quick you can get to the EECO at Springfield and Durnin Roads to sign up for this morning’s Tracks Walking Club. They hit the trails at 9 a.m. If you miss this one, drop in to the EECO and ask about the club and their regular schedule for walks on both sides of Okanagan Lake.
5. A way to give back: Add spice to your life and a spark to someone else’s through Explore YOUR Possibilities. Workshops are held throughout the month in different locations to help people 55+ figure out new ways to get involved their communities.