Kelowna RCMP are continuing investigations into a series of thefts that occurred last weekend.
The most prominent is multiple reports of theft from vehicles in the Selkirk Drive area, involving items that included credit cards, cash, wallets and sunglasses.
Police advise that the following steps can be takento help prevent future thefts:
· Park in open, visible areas. Avoid parking behind fences and hedges;
· At home, light your driveway at night. Elsewhere, park in well lit areas near pedestrian traffic;
· Do not leave any wallets or purses containing personal identification in an unattended vehicle or you could become a victim of identity theft;
· Remove all valuables from plain view, even if your car is locked. Take the items with you or secure them in the trunk out of sight;
· Report any suspicious persons or activities near a vehicle in your neighbourhood to police immediately, and let the police determine if it’s a crime in progress;
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300. Remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, leaving a tip online at www.crimestoppers.net or by texting your tip to CRIMES (274637) ktown.
RCMP are also looking for any information concerning a break and enter at the Cutting Edge Auto and Performance.
The alarm for the business went off at 3:40 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 20. The suspects gained entry to the business and once inside, the thieves stole thousands of dollars worth of merchandise. They exited through the front door of the business.
It is unknown at this time how many suspects were involved but police believe it was more than one person.
Anyone with any information about this robbery is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300. Remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, leaving a tip online at www.crimestoppers.net or by texting your tip to CRIMES (274637) ktown.