The Regional District of Central Okanagan advises Killiney Beach water system customers of a planned water interruption to replace a watermain above Westside Road.
The work is scheduled for Thursday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. (Time water service is restored is estimated and may vary) impacting the following streets:
· Keithley Road
· Moody Crescent
· Udell Road
· Homer Crescent
· Lester Road
· Leah Road
· Westside Road North (Even addresses from 9304 to 9454 N)
No other residents are affected by this work.
It is recommended that impacted residents:
· Shut off hot and cold faucets and any equipment that requires water;
· Store sufficient drinking water for the interruption;
· Isolate supply to hot water tanks;
If not isolated, avoid running hot water as impurities could be drawn into the hot water tank and may cause problems with its operation;
· Fill the bathtub with water to use for toilet flushing and only flush when absolutely necessary; and
· Use anti-bacterial hand sanitizer for hand washing.
Following the interruption and after water supply has been restored, it is recommended that:
· Run a cold water tap for five to ten minutes to ensure that the water runs clear
Once the water runs clear, it is safe to drink and to use hot water.