Kitchen fire singes Kelowna home

Upon arrival to 1981 Gordon Drive, fire crews from three engines reported smoke from the front door.

  • Mon Apr 7th, 2014 1:00pm
  • News

The Kelowna Fire Department responded to smoke coming from the front door and smoke alarm activation in a single family residence Sunday, just after 2 p.m.

Upon arrival to 1981 Gordon Drive, fire crews from three engines reported smoke from the front door.

“An interior attack was performed and the fire in the kitchen area was brought under control quickly. Overhaul was completed to check for fire extension in the residence,” said Dennis Miller of the Kelowna Fire Department.

” It appears the fire started in the kitchen and is not suspicious at this time. Amount of damage to the residence is unavailable.”

Miller added that Kelowna Fire Department reminds everyone to check their smoke alarms regularly to be sure they are in good working order.