Kelowna firefighters responded to a house fire this morning at 1469 Lambert St.

Lambert Avenue house fire contained

Fireplace cited as the source of the flames

Kelowna Fire Department says the fireplace was the source of a small fire that broke out in a house at 1469 Lambert Avenue this morning.

Two people were safely evacuated from the home as the fire was contained to a small area around the fireplace.

The fire department said they don’t believe a “dirty chimney” was the cause of the fire, saying that a hot spot in the wall behind the fireplace apparently caught on fire.

There was minimal water damage to the interior of the home but a wall and part of the ceiling had to be removed to access the fire.