- 2015 Federal Election
Argument to keep HST
To the editor:
I endorse keeping the HST:
• It provides more income for the province so that services such as health care can be better paid for
• It provides funds for reducing BC government debt
• Families and seniors that need help will be given rebates to offset their costs of the HST
• The HST is business friendly, easier to apply and manage, and will stimulate the economy to everyone’s benefit
• Given a few years, the HST system compared to the PST/GST system, will cost us less
• Remember, if we choose to go back to the PST/GST system, we the BC taxpayer, will have to repay $1.6 billion to the federal government.
Voting to extinguish the HST and reverting to the PST/GST system is a step backwards.
Please vote to keep the HST and ensure a brighter future for British Columbia.