- 2015 Federal Election
The week that was for Kelowna United soccer teams
Here's a look at action from the past week for Kelowna United soccer teams:
• U16 girls—Kelowna United played to a 2-2 draw with Vernon.
Down 2-0, United battled back as Jenna Labossiere sent a high, long ball through to the KU strikers and a tenacious Brianne Mapson finished the shot off the bounce. A few minutes later, Mapson danced around the Vernon defense and drove a second winner by Vernon’s keeper.
• U15 boys—United and Kamloops U16 played to a 1-1 tie on Sunday. :
Kamloops and Kelowna battled in the first half of the game, with keeper Corey Bennett making some fantastic saves. Morgan Gonzales scored on a direct free kick for Kelowna as the teams traded goals in the second half.
• U15 girls—Kelowna United defeated Kamloops 2-1. KU keeper, Montana Pittenger had eight saves for the match with few challenges. With an early penalty kick by Selina Corelei, the KU girls were on the score board first. After Kamloops scored to tie the game, a long cross by Claire Evans went over the keeper to score giving KU the victory.
• U14 girls—Kelowna United dropped a 4-1 decision to Vernon.
Mackenzie Schwinghamer scored Kelowna's lone goal on a corner kick from Rene Watson.
• U13 girls—Kelowna United defeated Kamloops Blaze 1-0 at Parkinson Fields.
Wynne Hamilton scored her second goal of the year with a well placed shot from just inside the 18-yard box. Keeper Erin Brown made the saves when needed to record the shut-out.
• U12 boys—Kelowna Rebels defeated Penticton 5-2. Edvin Holok, Shawn Kostiuk, Hunter Blucke, and Adrian Delgado, with two scored in the win.
Delgado again scored twice as the Rebels defeated Revelstoke 4-1. Kostiuk and Hunter Blucke also scored.
The Kelowna Spartans played twice, winning 4-1 over Vernon and losing 2-1 against Kamloops. Cain Moore had four of United's goals while Christopher Van Den Heuvel scored the other.
The U12 Kelowna Crushers won twice on Sunday, 3-0 over Kamloops and 5-1 over Vernon. Lucas Hicklin and Gregor Smith each scored three times each over the weekend, Sam Bishop and Jagger Thomas each scored once, while keeper Jordon Thorsen earned the shutout over Vernon.
• U11 girls—United Strikers defeated Shuswap 6-0 as Lindsay Goett scored a hat-trick. Sofia MacQuarrie scored twice, Alysia Foster added the single and Sophie Gibson recorded her seventh shut-out in a row.
In game 2, the Strikers tied Penticton 1-1 with Goett scoring the lone Kelowna goal.
• U11 boys—United Gladiators defeated Penticton 6-2. Emilio Aguiar, with two goals, led the charge in a while Josh Clancy, Micah Dryden, Jack Lewis, and Grayson McKinnon pitched in with one goal each. In the second game, Jack Lewis scored two, Emilio Aguiar one and Josh Clancy another as Kelowna beat Vernon 4-2.
The Warriors upended Penticton 5-1. Eithan Kersche, Attila Knaitner, Chris West on a free kick, Austin King and Brandon Nemes scored the goals.
In the other game, the Warriors lost 4-3 to Vernon. Brandon Nemes, Eithan Kersche and Eli Dorin provided the scoring.