To understand just how successful a year the Okanagan Gymnastics Centre enjoyed, one only needs to look at the club’s latest collection of hardware.
Earlier this month, the OGC picked up six individual awards and one club honour at the 2016 Gymnastics B.C. Awards and Scholarship night.
The winners were:
• National champion Jordyn Yendley was named the National Female TG (trampoline gymnastics) Athlete of the Year.
• Vanna Harris won the Provincial Female TG Athlete of the Year Award.
• Trevor Stirling was a national team member and a recipient of the Gymnastics B.C. Scholarship.
• Nate Banner earned the Provincial Male TG Athlete of the Year.
• Jon Mason, the head coach of the OGC men’s gymmastics team, was named winner of the Stan Wilkes Provincial Coach of the Year award.
• Katie Lankhort was named the PLAY Coach of the Year.
• OGC was named the Provincial TG Club of the Year.