Air Canada rouge will begin with up to daily service between YLW and Toronto Pearson International Airport in June, offering 40 per cent additional capacity on this route year-over-year.
“This is exciting news,” says YLW Airport Director Sam Samaddar. “Air Canada first began seasonal non-stop service to Toronto in 2002 at YLW. We are pleased to be one of the first new domestic routes for the Air Canada rouge service. Air Canada rouge provides more capacity, therefore more people travelling to the Okanagan, and more convenience for customers in the Okanagan with just one stop to virtually anywhere in Air Canada’s world through its global Toronto hub.”
Air Canada rouge will operate flights using a 136-seat Airbus A319 aircraft offering both premium and economy cabins of service.
“The Okanagan Valley and our Toronto global hub are important markets, and the expansion of Air Canada rouge on this key domestic route is an important element of our strategy for sustainable growth,” said Kevin C. Howlett, Senior Vice President, Regional Markets at Air Canada. “We look forward to welcoming more customers onboard, both local residents travelling to Toronto and connecting to virtually anywhere in the world, or bringing more worldwide customers to BC’s Okanagan Valley.”
Go to aircanada.com for flight booking information and to ylw.kelowna.ca for more airport information, flights and services.
About Air Canada rouge
· 136 seats – 12 premium rouge, 124 rouge
· Air Canada rouge A319 fact sheet
· Air Canada rouge – webpage
· Currently non-stop Toronto service is offered by WestJet Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and by Air Canada Saturday and Sunday; passengers can also fly to YYZ via connections through YVR and YYC during the winter months.
· As the 10th busiest airport in Canada, YLW’s total economic impact is 2,730 jobs and $610 million in total economic output to the province.
· Serving 1.5 million passengers in 2013, YLW offers 66 daily non-stop commercial flights with Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Air North – Yukon’s Airline, Central Mountain Air, Northwestern Air, Pacific Coastal Airlines, WestJet and United Airlines.
· Year-round service: Vancouver, Victoria, Prince George, Cranbrook, Trail (Jan 15), Whitehorse, Fort McMurray, Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Toronto, Seattle, San Francisco.
· Seasonal service to Las Vegas, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo; and
· Sun destination charter services by Transat Holidays and Sunwing to Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo.
· YLW Route Map
· Web: ylw.kelowna.ca
· Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram