This historic photo is of the Kelowna General Hospital which opened on April 2, 1908.
At the time there was a 19 bed capacity and a staff of four. It was built on a 12 arce site donated by the Kelowna Land and Orchard Company, and financed by the Kelowna Hospital Society with funds of approximately $5000.
The first addition to the hospital, a maternity wing, was constructed in 1914 on the south side of the original building with a bed capacity of 29.
In 1940, a three-storey concrete hospital was constructed in front of the original hospital buildings at a cost of $140 000.
The photo and historical information was posted to the Facebook page Old Kelowna, with credit to www.memorybc.ca/ website.