The Regional District Central Okanagan (RDCO) is sponsoring several events for all ages in June.
Summer events include:
- Kalamoir Pancake Breakfast - Kalamoir Regional Park Saturday, June 3, 9 to 10:30 a.m. In support of the Friends of Kalamoir Society. Cost: $10 per plate (cash only);
- Seniors Canadian Trivia Challenge - Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park Wednesday, June 14, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Guided hikes and park programs:
- Storytime in the park - Mission Creek Regional Park (meet by the playground) Tuesdays, June 6 to August 29, 10:30 to 11:15 a.m.;
Snakes of the Okanagan - Mission Creek Regional Park Tuesday, June 6, 9 to 11 a.m.;
- Black Mountain - sntsk’il’nten Regional Park Sunday, June 11, 8 to 10 a.m.;
- Goats Peak Regional Park - Tuesday, June 27, 7 to 9 p.m.
- Scenic Canyon Regional Park (Field Road trailhead) - Thursday, June 22, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Friday, June 30, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Watercolours by the water:
- Kalamoir Regional Park - Saturday, June 24, 9:30 to 11 a.m.
Events and programs are also taking place at the Ellison Heritage Community Center. Regional parks are now operating on summer hours and are open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily until August 31.