As the deadline approaches, a number of outstanding individuals and organizations are being nominated for the 40th annual Civic and Community Awards. Residents have until Friday, Feb. 13 to submit their applications.
These awards recognize the talent, dedication and generosity of the men, women and youth who have contributed to making Kelowna a great community in 2014.
New this year, is a scholarship component for the Young Male and Young Female Volunteer of the Year award categories. Funds from the Thomas Alan Budd Foundation will support the post secondary goals of the three finalists selected. This includes $1000 for the recipient of the award and $500 for the two remaining finalists.
Online nomination forms can be found on the Civic and Community Awards page at kelowna.ca/residents. Hard copy forms are available at City Hall and the Parkinson Recreation Centre. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Parkinson Recreation Centre or emailed to email@example.com.
Nomination categories include:
· Young Male & Young Female Volunteer of the Year
· Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
· Bryan Couling Memorial – Athletic Team of the Year
· Male & Female Athlete of the Year
· Champion for the Environment (individual and business)
· Corporate Community of the Year (small/medium and large)
· Honour in the Arts
· Teen Honour in the Arts
· Fred Macklin Memorial – Man of the Year
· Sarah Donalda Treadgold Memorial – Woman of the Year
· Central Okanagan Foundation, Volunteer Organization of the Year
Individuals with questions regarding the nomination process are asked to contact Amber Gilbert at 250-469-8967 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the awards, visit kelowna.ca/residents.
—City of Kelowna press release