The District of West Kelowna is looking for photos that capture the Best View, the Perfect Vacation and People in Action.
Photographers have a chance to win a great prize in each category.
The Picture West Kelowna Photo Contest opens July 18 and closes at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 18, 2011.
Photos must be submitted in a digital format, preferably online at www.districtofwestkelowna.ca. Click on the Event or News item displayed on the West Kelowna homepage.
Photos may also be submitted on CD to West Kelowna Municipal Hall, 2760 Cameron Rd.
The submitted CDs will not be returned.
To be eligible, all photos must have been taken in the District of West Kelowna after Jan. 1, 2011.
The municipality is looking for photos that capture:
• Best View: A vista that takes your breath away—from a precious flower to a stunning vista —the sky’s the limit!
• Perfect Vacation: Attributes that keep visitors coming back—tourist attractions, adventure, recreation, outdoor events or relaxation.
• People in Action: Someone at work, a child at play, an artisan creating, an athlete in training or people just having fun.
A panel of judges will select a winning entry in each category. One prize will be awarded to the winner in each category:
• Best View: Old Vines Restaurant at Quails’ Gate Winery Prize Package
• Perfect Vacation: Spa at the Cove Prize Package
• People in Action: Shannon Lake Golf Course Prize Package
Submitted photos may be featured on the District’s website or in newsletters, advertisements and various other publications.
Photos from the 2010 photo contest have been published in West Kelowna’s Official Community Plan, Council’s 2011 Strategic Priorities and the 2010 Annual Report.
For full contest details please visit www.districtofwestkelowna.ca.