Historic hall was located at Peach Orchard Campground in Summerland

Historic hall was located at Peach Orchard Campground in Summerland

Ellison Hall was officially opened in October, 1911

The Ellison Hall building was located at Peach Orchard Campground, then called Old Orchard Park, Old Peach Orchard Park or simply Our Park.

READ ALSO: Latimer surveyed much of Summerland

READ ALSO: A century ago, Summerland had numerous small schools

The hall was officially opened by Finance Minister Price Ellison on Oct. 20, 1911.

The park itself had been purchased by the District of Summerland from the Development Company on Oct. 7, 1907 and was one of Summerland’s first expenditures.

Ellison Hall was the location for many of the earliest fall fairs in Summerland.

To report a typo, email:
news@summerlandreview.com
.



news@summerlandreview.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.