The City of Kelowna’s 41st annual Civic and Community Awards recognize outstanding individuals, groups and organizations whose contributions and achievements benefited the city this past year.
“Every year there are a number of volunteers, artists, athletes and business leaders who truly make Kelowna a better place,” said Louise Roberts, City of Kelowna community and neighbourhood services manager. “The awards gala makes for an inspiring evening as each finalist’s contributions are recognized.”
The nomination period is now open with the deadline being Friday, Feb. 12, 2016. Nominations can be submitted online, by email or hard copy. Online nomination forms can be found on the Civic and Community Awards webpage under Residents on the City’s website. Hard copy forms are available at City Hall, the Parkinson Recreation Centre and Okanagan Regional Library Kelowna branch locations.
The award categories include:
· Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
· Bryan Couling Memorial Award – Athletic Team of the Year
· Male & Female Athlete of the Year
· Champion for the Environment (individual and business)
· Corporate Community of the Year (small/medium and large)
· Central Okanagan Foundation – Volunteer Organization of the Year
· Honour in the Arts
· Teen Honour in the Arts
· Sarah Donalda Treadgold Memorial Award – Woman of the Year
· Fred Macklin Memorial Award – Man of the Year
· Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year
The Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year finalists will receive funding towards their post secondary education through the Dillon Thomas Budd Youth Scholarship, sponsored by the Thomas Alan Budd Foundation.
Be inspired and celebrate with the finalists and recipients at the awards gala on April 27, 2016, at the Kelowna Community Theatre. Tickets will go on sale starting March 14.
For more information about the awards and previous finalists, visit kelowna.ca/residents.