Kelowna International Airport (YLW)’s annual Winter Travel Event takes place Saturday, Oct. 24, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Participants can meet with air carriers, travel agents, hotels and resorts to get helpful travel tips and information on popular direct destinations, including Mexico, Hawaii, the Caribbean and the Yukon.
This event always attracts thousands of local residents who come to learn about new winter vacation options and to enter the draw for one of the amazing travel prizes. This year, YLW and its partners are giving away eight prize packages, including:
· One all-inclusive Sunwing Airlines vacation for two to the Brisas Del Caribe in Varadero, Cuba;
· Airfare for two to Puerto Vallarta, courtesy of Nolitours/Transat Holidays;
· A Yukon Adventure with Air North, Yukon’s Airline;
· A flight for two to Prince George, Smithers, Terrace, Fort St. John or Fort Nelson on Central Mountain Air;
· Airfare for two to anywhere WestJet Airlines flies within North America;
· One $500 Travel voucher with Air Canada Vacations;
· Airline tickets for two to Victoria on Pacific Coastal Airlines; and,
· A trip for two to Hawaii on Air Canada.
Tickets for the draw will be available at the event for a minimum donation of five dollars ($5 for one, $10 for three and $20 for six). The draw will take place at 3 p.m. and winners will be notified by telephone and announced on the YLW Facebook page.
All money raised will be donated to Hope Air to provide free flights to financially-disadvantaged Okanagan residents, so they can access the healthcare they need.
Free parking will be provided in the long-term parking lot during event hours, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Attendees are required to bring in their parking voucher to be validated.
For more airport information on the Winter Travel Event, visit ylw.kelowna.ca.