The Art of Classical Harmonica Playing workshop by Anthony Lau.
Date : Friday, September 26, at 6:30 pm
Organizer : The Westbank and West Kelowna Culture Days
Venue : The New Moon Gallery Studio, 2525 Dobbin Road, West Kelowna, B.C.
Host : Linda Lovisa, the New Moon Gallery.
Admission : Free (First come, first served with seats)
Content of the Work Shop :
– The origin of harmonica (dated back circa 433 BC in China).
– Why it is called Classical Harmonica. What does it do as a musical instrument
– The working/construction/function of a chromatic harmonica.
– Chromatic harmonica in comparison with other wind instruments (Flute, oboe etc.).
– Repertoire (What type of music selected to be played).
– Works of famous composers for the harmonica (Vaughan Williams, Villa Lobos, etc.).
– Sample of famous classical harmonica players’ recordings (including Anthony Lau’s).
– Live demonstration – Two pieces of works of J.S. Bach (accompanied by Melodie Belke).
– Question and Answer period.
– Light refreshment from the host.