Watch last year’s Under 100 Exhibition video
Have you recently been to your friends home and seen Homesense art hanging up and thought they could use something a bit more interesting? Come to the Lake Country Art Gallery for the Under 100 Exhibition Nov. 19 to Dec 21.
This year’s exhibition promises once again to be an impressive display of original artwork from over 90 Okanagan artists including Salmon Arm’s Frieda Martin and Sheila Campbell who has grown up in the Shuswap.
Art work in all mediums will be on exhibit, small works under 100 inches squared are priced under $100 and a selection of art works under 200 and 300 inches squared will be priced under $200 and $300 accordingly.
As the holidays approach it’s the perfect opportunity to replace Aunt Judy’s bad wall art. If you are uncertain, here are some helpful hints.
1. The art on your walls does not need to match your furniture or drapes
2. Small pieces are easier to hang
3. Start a collection for yourself or your grandchildren
4. Buy what you like, you have to look at it everyday
5. Remember artwork is not furniture
6. Let art reflect your taste, be your own curator
7. Support local artist
8. Who knows, maybe the artist you bought from might get famous
9. One purchase now can lead to a lifetime addiction
10. Art is like shoes, you can never have too many
This year the Lake Country Art Gallery will be open seven days a week during the exhibition from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. All proceeds from Under 100 go to the artists and to support the Lake Country Art Gallery.