One of the two men arrested after an armed robbery at a local fast food restaurant last month has been denied bail.
Following an hour-long hearing on Monday, Brandon Tyler Woody was detained by Judge Brad Chapman.
The evidence presented at the hearing, as well as the judge’s rationale for keeping the 24-year-old in jail, are subject to a publication ban.
The other man arrested in connection with last month’s robbery at gunpoint of the Taco Del Mar, 18-year-old Lawrence Federink, was expected to schedule his bail hearing late yesterday. That date wasn’t known at press deadline.
Both men were arrested in an underground parking lot at a condo on Sunset Drive on Feb. 18, not long after staff of the Taco Del Mar on Banks Road called police and said two masked men came into the restaurant with guns.
Police say one of the employees was pushed up against the wall by one of the suspects and both employees were forced to the ground.
The suspects made off with an undisclosed amount of cash before fleeing in a car.
Police allege they located the car at the underground parking lot on Sunset Drive and arrested the two men inside.
RCMP claim guns, balaclavas and cash were found inside the car.
They also said at the time that Federink was a former employee of the business that was hit and that the guns were allegedly stolen from a secure storage locker at the end of January.
Both men are charged with robbery with a firearm, disguising their face with intent to commit an indictable offence and three firearms related charges for the Feb. 18 incident.
Federink faces a second robbery charge for that night. They’re also charged with break and enter to steal firearms and possession of stolen property, dating back to January.
Woody returns to court March 28.