The Downtown Kelowna Association is throwing the biggest block party in the Okanagan on Saturday, Aug. 10, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More than 12,000 people are expected at the free community event, taking place on and around Bernard Avenue and Kerry Park.
The city says the following road closures and on-street parking restrictions will be in effect on Aug. 10 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
• Abbott Street (Lawrence Avenue to Bernard Avenue)
• Bernard Avenue (Abbott Street to Richter Street)
• Mill Street (Bernard Avenue to alley north of Bernard Avenue)
• Water Street (Lawrence Avenue to alley north of Bernard Avenue)
• St. Paul Street (Bernard Avenue to alley north of Bernard Avenue)
Vehicles parked on these streets during the closure will be towed to the city parking lot located at the corner of Ellis Street and Doyle Avenue. North and south bound traffic will be permitted on both Ellis and Pandosy Streets.
In addition, the city parking lot at the corner of Mill Street and Kerry Park will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Parking is available at both the Chapman Parkade on Lawrence Avenue and the Library Parkade on Ellis Street.
Transit bus routes nos.1, 9 and 10 will all be re-routed along Ellis Street and Pandosy Street in order to access the Queensway bus loop.
For more information about the Downtown Kelowna Block Party, visit downtownkelowna.com.
For more information about road closures in Kelowna, visit kelowna.ca/roadreport.