Candle burns up motorhome at Kelowna RV park

Flames from an overturned candle ripped through a 40-foot motorhome Wednesday morning.

  • Wed Nov 25th, 2015 7:00am
  • News

Flames from an overturned candle ripped through a 40-foot motorhome Wednesday morning, sending one person to hospital for a minor case of smoke inhalation.

Kelowna Fire Department  responded to a 911 call reporting a RV fire on Rojem Road before 11 a.m. , said Kelly Stephens, Kelowna Fire Department platoon captain, noting that three engines and 16 fire personnel were at the Glenmore area RV park.

“The fire was caused by an overturned candle,” he said, in a press release. “A single resident was taken to hospital for minor smoke inhalation.”