Dispatch center received a 911 call at approximately 11:38 a.m. Friday, July 22, reporting flames coming from near a gas meter at the rear of Central Bar and Restaurant, in the 1100 block of Ellis St.
“Fire crews quickly shut off the gas to the building and extinguished the fire. (There was) no extension of flames or heat to interior of building or adjacent building,” said Kelly Stephens, fire department platoon captain, in a press release.
“No injuries reported and all occupants where evacuated from the building for their safety.”
Three engines, one rescue unit, a command vehicle and a safety vehicle attended along with 16 personnel, RCMP, BCAS and Fortis Gas responded to the call.