The Canadian Home Builders’ Association of the Central Okanagan announced the winners of its inaugural Okanagan Housing Awards of Excellence.
Formerly known as the Tommie Awards, the Okanagan Housing Awards of Excellence honours the outstanding work done by home builders, designers and renovators in the Central Okanagan. The name change is intended to generate greater customer awareness and to make it easier to identify the significance of the award.
The awards were presented at Saturday’s gala event held at the Delta Grand Okanagan Hotel in Kelowna.
“Year after year, I am amazed by the outstanding work that gets done right here in the Central Okanagan. Congratulations to all of the award winners!” said Cassidy deVeer, vice president CHBA-CO, in a press release.
“And a special thank you to our dedicated staff and volunteers, without them, these awards would not be possible.”
Here are some of the winners:
Ian Paine Construction and Design (four time winner)
- Certified Home – Custom
- Residential Renovations $100K & Under
- Residential Renovations $400K & Over
- Kitchen Renovations $80K & Over
Highstreet Ventures (new member and three time winner)
- Environmental Initiative (Residential & Commercial)
- Creating a Low-Rise Multi-Family Development
- Multi-Family Builder of the Year
Sunterra Custom Homes (Vernon builder, three time winner)
- Kitchen Design $70K & Under
- Single Family Detached Home $750K – $1M
- Single Family Home Builder of the Year Large Volume
Timberhaven Homes Ltd. (three time winner)
- Creating a Feature/Innovation in a Home
- Single Family Detached Home $5M & Over
- Home of the Year
A full list of the winners can be found at chbaco.com/award-winners/
Over the past 26 years, the CHBA-CO has recognized excellence building design and renovation with the Tommie Awards. This year, the Tommie’s were renamed the Okanagan Housing Awards of Excellence to help build brand recognition and awareness and will continue to celebrate member’s exceptional achievements and recognizing their excellence in the home building industry.