Empty Kelowna home severely burned

An empty home suffered significant damage after fire broke out early Saturday morning.

  • Dec. 12, 2015 7:00 p.m.

An empty home suffered significant damage after fire broke out early Saturday morning.

Kelowna Fire Department received a 911 call at approximately6:30 a.m. Dec 12, reporting a fire in a residence in the 200 block of Dougall Road North.

“First arriving Engine reported fire visible from the front and rear of the residence. Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly,” said KFD platoon captain, Tim Light.

Fire damage is extensive. There was no one living in the house at the time of the fire.

Cause of the fire is unknown at this time.   Kelowna Fire Department  would like to remind the public not to overload extension cords in their homes.

 

Kelowna Capital News