With just four-plus days of shopping remaining before jolly ol’ Santa comes calling, we continued to pursue local stories and breaking news around Kelowna and the Central Okanagan.
Here’s your top five stories of the day for Dec. 20, 2016
1. We talked to a Kelowna man who has been down the road to addiction and heard his feelings about a move to bring in overdose prevention and supervised injection sites for drug users.
2. We interviewed school board chair Moyra Baxter about changes coming next year to the region’s French Immersion program.
3. Okanagan College today launched a new sports program, introducing the Coyotes men’s and women’s basketball programs to the sports community.
And we love great local stories so check out these feel good topics, both of which include video.
4. An Okanagan father and son team from the Guishachan House Restaurant sculpted a fabulous ice sculpture and we were there to capture it.
5. The Kelowna Santas brought together a bunch of volunteers and prepared to hand out thousands of toys to kids in the Central Okanagan.
Send your story ideas and news tips to us right here