Two adults, three children and a cat have been displaced by a kitchen fire on Burnett Street this morning.
Emergency Social Services was called to care for the home’s occupants, reported Platoon Captain Tim Light of the Kelowna Fire Department.
The fire started on the stove and extended into the walls and ceiling area of the home. There were three adults and three children evacuated from the building.
There was significant damage to the kitchen area, said Light.
However, there were no injuries and the fire is not suspicious, he said.
He advised people to check their smoke detectors regularly to ensure they are in working order.
The fire was attended by three engines, one rescue vehicle, a command vehicle and a safety truck, with 16 personnel.