Firefighters douse attic fire

An early morning fire has forced two from their home.

Two people have been forced from their home due to a small electrical fire.

At approximately 10:05 p.m. the Kelowna Fire Department responded to a report of smoke coming from the attic of a residence on Temple Court.

The first arriving officer reported visible smoke coming from the attic of the structure.

“A small fire in the attic, due to faulty electrical wiring was accessed and extinguished by fire crews. The fire is not suspicious,” said Scott Clarke, platoon captain of the Kelowna Fire Department, in a press release.

“Two residents were displaced but found accommodations with the help of their landlord and Emergency Social Services.”

Three engines, one rescue, and a command vehicle including 15 fire personnel responded to the incident along with RCMP and BCAS.

The Kelowna Fire Department would like to remind everyone to check your smoke alarms. Working smoke alarms save lives.