1. Weather outlook: It will stay well above the freezing mark today, with sun and cloud, high of 7 C and minimal precipitation. It’s been so balmy in fact, Big White had to push is opening day back to Dec. 3.
2. Stories we’re covering today: The NDP’s proposed ban on hunting grizzly bear stays in the news. Forests Minister and Kelowna-Mission MLA Steve Thomson said “It clearly will not resonate well in rural communities. We saw what happened last time the NDP did this. It caused very significant divisions within their party.”
3. Internationally today: It’s International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. The federal Status of Women minister and the PM have issued statements.
4. Something to do today: Check out the works of some of our local artists. The Alternator Gallery hosts its Red Dot Members’ Show and Sale tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Rotary Centre for the Arts.
5. Be entertained: Vancouver blues man Jim Byrnes is at Creekside Theatre in Lake Country tonight. Groove to the blues tonight.