1. Weather outlook: It will be cloudy through most of the day, with a high of 7 C in the valley. The snow level is at 800 m so we will see any precipitation on our hillsides come down as the white stuff. Watch for seasonal fog patches when driving up out of the valley.
2. Stories to follow: Bus riders are speaking up about the ongoing strike by BC Transit continues in the Central Okanagan. Letters are pouring in from transit users, about the city’s explanation that it has nothing to do with the negotiations with Canada First, BC Transit’s operator headquartered in Scotland. Riders say it’s our tax dollars that pay for the buses, set the schedules and pave the roads they drive — and that Kelowna should step up to speed a resolution.
3. Stories to look for today: Children will get a new voice to champion their cause in B.C. with the appointment of Bernard Richard as the new Representative for Children and Youth. He succeeds Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond, who retires at the end of this month.
4. Sad news from the entertainment world: Corner Gas star Janet Wright has died, age 71. Wright was well known to Vancouver theatre goers and became a national hit with her role as his mother in the Brent Butt comedy series. She suffered tragedy as well in her lifetime, losing her daughter who stepped in to stop brawlers outside a nightclub in Vancouver.
5. Something to do today: In honour of Janet Wright’s brilliant comedic timing and life-long love of theatre, take in a comedy show tonight. Dane Cook hosts Just for Laughs at Prospera Place in Kelowna starting at 7:30 p.m.