1) • A new hotel is on the docket. Midwest Ventures Ltd. will be asking for lots 1665 & 1697 Innovation Drive to be rezoned to allow a six-storey hotel to be built.
The properties are on the east side of Highway 97, opposite the Kelowna Airport, and just south of the Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport Hotel.
• A 110 lot-subdivision will be before council for 984 Dehart Rd., presented by Sherwood Mission Developments Ltd.
• And the Seventh Day Adventist Church, at 909 Juniper Rd., will ask to amend its future land use to facilitate a single- and two-dwelling housing subdivision.
The council meeting starts at 1:30 p.m. today in council chambers at City Hall, 1435 Water St.
Tomorrow at 6 p.m. Kelowna council hosts a public hearing to consider The Ponds’ Phase 5 development of 34-single-family subdivision and dedication of park land around Jack Smith Lake and by Hill Spring park.
2) We’re starting our day off with light rain. Sunrise is a 7:23, sunset 6:01 p.m. The rain should let up briefly around 9 a.m. then it’s back by 11 for a few hours before easing off until the evening at about 8 p.m.
3) Read about the Okanagan Sun football team who have advanced to the B.C. division finals for a shot at the Cullen Cup.
4) In business, The Conference Board of Canada predicts LNG development in B.C. is not dead in the water just yet.
5) And watch out when you’re walking the dog: Trees along the Mission Greenway are getting a pruning starting today and for the next two weeks.