A Kelowna family of five has been forced from their home following a grease fire.
At approx. 3:27 p.m., Jan. 10, the Kelowna Fire Department responded to a 911 report of a residential structure fire in a duplex on Hollydell Rd..
“First arriving crews saw smoke and coming from the open front door of the duplex,” said Kelly Stephens, platoon captain for the Kelowna Fire Department.
“Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire in the kitchen, but fire and smoke damage to the cabinets and ceiling making residence uninhabitable.
Two adults and three children where home at the time but got out without injury and no pets.
Emergency Support Services were called to look after the residents of the one affected unit only. Three engines, one rescue truck and one command vehicle where at the scene with 17 personnel
Cause of the fire was cooking grease on the stove.
Fortis , BC Ambulance and RCMP attended.