A search warrant executed on a Kelowna home last Monday as part of a police investigation resulted in the seizure of firearms and a large quantity of illegal drugs.
The Kelowna RCMP Street Enforcement Unit (SEU) swooped in on the house in the 700 block of Hollydell Road at about 7 p.m. last Monday.
The ongoing investigation involved the arrest of two males observed leaving the search warrant targeted residence in a vehicle and a woman observed departing the residence on foot.
The RCMP plain clothes and uniformed officers entered the house and discovered an additional three individuals, a man and two women, who were taken into police custody without incident.
The subsequent search of the residence yielded two firearms and large quantities of several varieties of illegal drugs.
In total Kelowna RCMP seized:
· .38 calibre semi-automatic pistol
· 12 gauge pump action shotgun
· over 32 grams of suspected cocaine powder
· over 57 grams of suspected methamphetamine
· over 171 grams of suspected heroin in various forms
· over 146 grams of suspect crack cocaine
· over 1,637 grams or 3.5 lbs of suspected marijuana
· over $1,600 in cash along with equipment consistent with the sale of illegal drugs
Facing charges of possession of a firearm contrary to a prohibition order and possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking are 33-year-old Mathew Van Exan and 33-year-old Kenneth Moyan, both of Kelowna,
Van Exan was expected to re-appear in court Friday afternoon, while Moyan has been remanded into custody and is expected to appear in court Sept.27.
The three other individuals arrested at the Kelowna house were later released from police custody without charge.